What should I pack to go on a sailing course?
There are some important stuff to bring onboard. Follow our tips so you can join a sailing course without missing important items.
Suitcase or Bag?
We recommend you to bring soft, foldable luggage so you can store it away while on your course.
Check weather forecast before coming. Thermal long sleeves for winter helps. Long sleeves UV protection also helps for the summer.
Don´t forget swimming suit, shorts and comfortable clothes. Extra layer of cold weather forecasted.
Please bring deck shoes or sailing boots. White-soled non marking trainers are acceptable too.
You will need a waterproof jacket, and depending on time of the year, you may want to bring full wet weather gear. Up to you, but remember the drier you are the better. (They are available to hire from us)
You will need to bring a warm sleeping bag. Pillows and pillowcases are provided.
If you don`t have sleeping bag we can hire you for 15 euros.
Example of what to bring to our sailing courses:
- Swimsuits (2-3)
- Underwear—as appropriate
- Quick-dry long pants, long-sleeved shirt (UPF for sun protection)
- Shoes/on-board—non-slip, non-marking, closed-toed
- Shoes/ashore—flip-flops, sandals, water shoes
- Rain jacket - if its raining here
- Sunglasses (polarized if possible), retainer strap.
- Sailing gloves (strongly recommended)
- Toiletry/wash kit
- Earplugs (to block sound at night if needed)
- Micro-fiber sports towel/beach towel
- Sunscreen (SPF 50!) & lip balm (SPF 15+, waterproof – “Lip Trip” is the best!)
- Seasickness medication—as required
- Personal flashlight (small headlamps work great!)
- If you're doing the Yachtmaster level – a headlamp with a red lens/light is mandatory.
- Debit or credit card
- IYT Notebook
- Water bottle – we offer filtered water